Sunday 26 August 2007

The Abyss Gazes Also.

"He does not resist.
He does not hope.
He does not die."


- lunalein

I'm not too sure who wrote this "fanfic", the link says it's by
violet, but the site I found it on says it's by lunalein aka
tangleofthorns. Well whoever wrote it, s/he is brilliant I think.
I love the style of writing, and the creative concepts of both
this and the other story I found by the same author.

The Abyss Gazes Also is about Azkaban and the Dementors,
and is a wonderful exploration of the thoughts and experiences
of Sirius Black and other prisoners there. Very well written
and such a satisfying read. Here's another quote from it,
about Bellatrix:

"She doesn't flinch. Not even as her Dementor vanishes, and the metal begins to burn her. Scar tissue is the hardest kind to harm."

No comments: