Saturday 11 August 2007

Gifts for Gladys.

A dear friend has just come down to visit from London, and she brought me some wonderful gifts for Gladys - red and white striped clown stockings, three glorious (and easily washable) pairs of colourful gloves in pink, yellow and orange (gardening gloves .. who'd have thunk? They're perfect!) and a multi-coloured pair of suspenders.


It was all deliciously exciting (oh yes, she also brought me two packets of an old favourite of mine: Rowntree's Fruit Gums) .. but horribly frustrating to have to react silently!


Talking of silent (talking?), I am in the process of developing a new clown character. I'm hoping that once my voice recovers, Gladys can be revived - perhaps with her Cockney accent intact, but with her pitch more at my normal speaking tone. But just in case - I wouldn't want this problem to resurface and then become chronic, for I do like having a voice - I am also trying to bring someone new to life. This new someone would be male, and silent. Let's see .. will work on costume, look, and of course name, tomorrow.

No comments: