Friday 8 October 2010

Tree #1's birthday present.

When I turned 42, I asked friends around the world to plant trees
for me, as a birthday present. I didn't quite reach my goal of 42 trees,
but it's nice to know that somewhere out there are trees growing
on almost every continent because of me.

The first tree from this  project was planted in my parents' garden,
a day before my birthday. It took three years, but on my birthday
this year, we discovered its first lime, ready to be plucked. 

My lime tree is nearly as tall as I am now (how quickly they
grow up!) and I wonder how the other trees are doing. I must
ask my friends to send me recent pictures. In the meantime,
if anyone out there would like to plant me a tree, please do!
Don't forget to take a picture that I can put up here. And if
any of you have "special" trees, planted in celebration of
a birthday or some other special occasion, I'd love to hear about it.

7 comments:

mumbai paused said...

What a lovely idea! Happy Birthday :)

Humberto Dib said...

Hi, I popped in Just to say hello, great blog, congratulations!
You can visit mine if you feel like.
Cheers from Argentina!
Humberto.

www.humbertodib.blogspot.com

Gloria said...

That's really a great idea; you should feel good. And hes, albeit a bit late, happy birthday.

fsfwrwrwrwrw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabotage said...

I got my friends to plant two eucalyptuses in Tanzania for you and a cherry tree in Ireland. Goodluck!

savita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chloe's_journal said...

woah...that was a good idea...
i wish i can do that for my birthday....