Thursday 21 October 2010

The Mysterious Case of the Unresolved Anger

Where does it go?
Nobody sees it, not even me.
I feel it birth and swell and rise and disappear.
I think it is gone, but I should know better.

Here it is, in my blood, spitting such words of poison to the cells around it
that they cling to each other, dig their nails into walls and hold on for dear life.

There my anger is, in my arteries and veins hardening me inch by inch
all the way to my heart.

And not just in my blood, I feel it in my bones eating through and wearing me thin.
Here it is in my knees, hurting me so bad I cannot climb the stairs to an open terrace,
or sit cross-legged to play games with a baby.

Here too in my eyes, holding back the tears so the pressure builds and builds and one day
I will have to give way and be blinded by the flood of anger that sucks me into its darkness.

Here is my anger, in my stomach burning acid.

Here on my skin, erupting in tiny volcanoes of rage, breaking out across my flesh like
a rampaging, molten mob.

Here - and there - in my kidney, in my hair.
My anger is invisible, nowhere and everywhere.

I can fool myself for a while, say it's gone and smile and ignore all the clues

but my body will snarl out the truth.

#

5 comments:

pRiyA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
angela said...

beutiful blog...pls visit mine
and folhower...thanks and god bless
http://atitude-anaemia.blogspot.com
http://tenhoqueimadura.blogspot.com

jonathan said...

I really liked

chari said...

too much anger causes health problems, me thinks ;-)

liked this entry. can relate.

zohra said...

So true and so well put. Nazu you are blossoming. Put something in print.