Monday 17 November 2014

Still here.

I suppose his bones are dust by now. Why can't my grief be like that? It should have crumbled apart and settled into the dark earth that is my past. Why is it still here? How do I bury my grief? I carry it around with me everywhere, and it just won't die.

People die so easily. No matter how, that final moment, that very last moment when they pass from life to death, is so simple and straightforward:  they're here, they're gone.

Why can't grief die, too? I want to sentence my grief to death. I want to murder it savagely or mercifully, but quickly, but I don't. I carry it around with me everywhere, like a corpse that will not rot.

2 comments:

Barb Schanel said...

I don't think this necessarily relates to this specific post, but I was listening to a favorite cd last night and it struck me that one of the songs made me think of you. Here's a link:
http://dougandtelisha.bandcamp.com/track/truth-is

Excellent band by the way.

Without Shadow said...

Wow. I'm honoured. And just love those lyrics! Thanks for introducing me to something new!