Monday 22 July 2013

Post-script.

At the bottom of every post, I have a little multiple-choice post-script, that asks you, the reader, whether the post "Made you:  smile, hurt, think or hope. For some reason, hardly anyone clicks on these choices, even though the clicks are anonymous, and don't require any log-in.

So what I'm wondering is - is this post-script hard to see? Is it just lost there at the bottom of each post, unnoticed and therefore unclicked? Or is that the choices offered are the wrong ones? Should I have used different words? Such as "Made me:  puke". Or "Made me:  yawn"? Or maybe just "None of the above"?

It's not terribly important, I suppose. But it does give me a little affirmation that my post has indeed evoked some response. So if you haven't noticed it until now, look for it. If you're an anonymous reader, don't worry that your click can be traced back to you (if it can, I don't know how to - and am not inclined to find out, either way). If you think that it doesn't matter, know that it does, even if just a tiny bit, to me, if no one else. It tells me a bit about the effect my writing has.

I'm curious, and keen, so if you are inclined, kindly click. (I love alliteration; do you?)

5 comments:

Barb Schanel said...

I use your post script regularly and only wish it did give you some idea of who is reading and who is not, especially because I mostly use it when I do not have the brain power to write a real comment. I have the same set-up on my own blog and it is rarely used there as well, so you are not alone.

Without Shadow said...

Thanks Barb, good to know I'm not alone :-)

Without Shadow said...

PS I've never been able to visit your blog as your profile doesn't show it. Is it a private blog, or did you not know that the profile doesn't show it?

Barb Schanel said...

I'll have to fix that on my profile. My main blog is A Sustainable Transition (www.asustainabletransition.blogspot.com) It focuses primarily on making the shift from living a "normal" American life to living a sustainable, self-sufficient lifestyle. I'd love to see you there!

Incidentally, concerning monsoons, we have been having unseasonably wet weather this spring and summer and we were wondering just this morning what people do when they have real monsoons and don't have an out of the rain place to hang their clothes.

Without Shadow said...

Great, thanks Barb. Hopped over and saw your blogs, have totally fallen in love with Mrs Butterwirth :-D

On monsoon laundry .. I'm not sure but I think a lot of people hang them up on racks that can be set out in the sun (when it's there) and then hurriedly brought indoors when it rains :-) I just keep my clothes rack on my balcony so they don't get wet but don't get direct sunshine either, so take a while to dry. Some people must have tumble dryers but not the average person. (I'm not an average person but I don't have a tumble dryer either! Seems a waste of electricity to me).

Darn. I am still feeling hungry after looking at your food blog. Got to go do something about that!