Thursday 17 May 2012

Satyamev Jayate.

It means 'truth stands invincible'. It's from the Upanishads. It's India's national motto. It's on all our currency notes. It's also the name of a new talk show hosted by Aamir Khan, that's creating waves all over India, and among Indians around the world.

I blogged about it recently (see Naked) and I also featured in a little clip as part of the show. I told you I'd share the link with you, so even though I'm not particularly happy with my segment which I thought was misleading, here it is:

Satyamev Jayate Episode 2

Click the link above, and when the Satyamev Jayate page comes up, select the language of your choice. The Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu versions are dubbed, the English, Marati and Bengali are subtitles on the original Hindi version. (If the link doesn't work for you, try searching for it on youtube, it's up there too).

I thought it was an excellent and much-needed show, with a message that needs to be shared with as many people as possible. I really hope you'll watch, and also share it on with more people.

P.S. Looking forward to your feedback and comments. (By the way, the box section "Made you hurt/smile/think/hope" is anonymous, so I do hope more of you will start clicking on that!)


1 comment:

Barb Schanel said...

Thank you for posting this Nazneen. I have had similar experiences with family members. In my case it lasted for years. I have grown past the bitterness, but thought my situation was unusual until I took a class on the Sociology of the Family a few years ago. What a shock! People do need to understand how large this problem is.