Saturday 28 January 2006

"My feelings ...

Dear me! I'm a bit embarrassed by this poem and the next, although I needn't be. Perhaps back then I didn't understand that there are many different kinds of love, and that not all of them need to translate into a physical relationship. Perhaps I didn't know what love is. Or perhaps I did. I loved her then and I love her now, and I wrote these for her. They're not my best poems, but they deserve their place here.

My feelings for you
are more than a spoken word
My love goes deeper
Too deep just to be heard.

Deeper than the passion of a kiss
is the thrill within my heart
A kiss is a mere touch of the surface
of a love more than physical bliss.

Within the depths of my lonely soul
further than the look in my eyes
is the thrashing, chained emotion
of a love that can never be whole.

(Written on Dec 16th 1984, 3:01 a.m.)

No comments: