Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Red, revisited.

I recently discovered oil pastels. Basically, these are posh,
lubricated crayons that one can have hours of smudgy fun with.
And much fun have I had, largely on one wall of my home that
I allow myself to scribble on. Of late, though, I've been trying
it out on paper, and here's something I did this evening.

Recognise her? It's Red Riding Hood. She's grown up now,
and has made her way out:  unafraid of the forest behind her,
and unintimidated by the demons ahead that may try to whisper
fear and doubt back into her heart.

2 comments:

SloganMurugan said...

More please!

zohra said...

more please, indeed. interestingly, on Red Rose one of the authors has written some twisted ideas of children's tales (not necessarily the brothers Grimm, I think) you might like to visit some time. will find out and send link. I have a blog I've revived, take a look and tell me what you think.
Rohini